February 2, 2011

Score?

I got Hubs!

Spunky has a double ear infection and has been "on the dark side" for the past couple days. Yesterday morning we see the pediatrician and get her on the road to mending. We wanted to pick up some ibuprophen to have on hand in case her fever returned. Instead of me schlepping everyone to Target for meds, Hubs stayed home with Spunky while Sparky and I made the run and had a few minutes of time together. Yeah Hubs!

While we were gone (and taking our liberties with how long we were gone), Hubs made awesome dinner!! Double Yeah Hubs!! He made black bean soup and cornbread from scratch. Yum, yum, yum!!

Here's our soup recipe and if I had the original source for it, I'd share, but I don't know where it's originally from.

Low Toot Black Bean Soup
2 cans drained and rinsed black beans
1 teaspoon cumin
1 cup salsa (whatever your heat preference)
1 cup broth

Blend in blender or food processor. Heat to desired temp. Top with cheese or sour cream. Serve with tortilla chips or bread.

The cornbread recipe was from "Dad's Own Cookbook" which is a pretty awesome cookbook if I do say so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...